Roland Garros 2022 is here!
The second grand slam of the year is upon us and Jared’s Fantasy League is back for it’s 6th edition. Welcome to all the new entrants, I hope you enjoy your first time and hopefully enter again when Wimbledon arrives. For all the regulars, Welcome and Good Luck!
We reached an amazing 68 entries for this years French Open. Thanks as always to everyone who entered. This French Open could be an interesting one with both ladies and men’s top halves looking a lot tougher than the bottom halves. Will we see a regular name as the eventual winner or will we see one of the youngsters finding a way to win their first grand slam of their careers. It will be all to play for.
With 68 entries, the prize money will be as follows:
- 1st Place – R1000
- 2nd Place – R500
- 3rd Place – R300
- 4th Place – R150
- 5th Place – R100
- There will still be the wooden spoon award for last place.
Here are the most picked players for this years French Open.
- Alcaraz – 40 picks (58,82%)
- Djokovic – 26 picks (38,24%)
- Tsitsipas, Sinner – 23 picks (33,82%)
- Nadal – 19 picks (27,94%)
- Karatsev, Shapovalov – 13 picks (19,12%)
- Swiatek – 52 picks (76,47%)
- Jabeur – 22 picks (32,35%)
- Osaka, Raducanu – 20 picks (29,41%)
- Krejcikova – 14 picks (20,59%)
- Badosa, Sakkari, Halep – 11 picks (16,18%)
Overall there were 42 different Male Picks and there were 45 different Ladies Picks.
Here is the list of your opposition:
Matches to watch today. Roland Garros begins at 11:00.
- Thiem vs Dellien (11:00)
- Dimitrov(18) vs Giron (11:00)
- Cuevas vs Brooksby(31) (13:00)
- Fognini vs Popyrin (14:15)
- Griekspoor vs Davidovich Fokina(25) (14:15)
- Alcaraz(6) vs Londero (15:30)
- Ramos-Vinolas vs Kokkinakis (15:30)
- Jabeur(6) vs Linette (11:00)
- Siniakova vs Martic (13:00)
- Kanepi vs Muguruza(10) (13:00)
- Pera vs Teichmann(23) (14:15)
- Mladenovic vs Fernandez(17) (16:15)
- Davis vs Bouzkova (16:15)
- Gauff(18) vs Marino (16:15)
Jared matriculated in 2020 from Wynberg Boys High School in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. His passion for tennis afforded him the opportunity of travelling to Europe. He is a quizmaster and a fantasy organiser.